Illustrations and graphics can help you improve the effectiveness of an advertising campaign and marketing strategies. As an integral part of the web development process, the graphics and illustrations on a web page play with the user’s psyche. To maintain a competitive advantage in the industry, it is essential to stay abreast of current trends in graphics and illustrations.
In this article, you will come across the top chart and 2021 trends illustration. Keep scrolling down to find out what can drive the design trends of the year.
Graphic design and illustration trends in 2021
- Minimalist approach: The minimalism movement has recently gained in popularity. Due to its ability to convey a strong message, it is quickly adopted. The style seems to have caught on everywhere in 2021, from the internet to banner ads, from electronics to clothing.
- Simple / basic illustrations: The use of illustration in web design now replaces stock photos. The reason is that illustrations are cheaper than stock photos as well. In addition, they can be customized in various ways to meet your needs.
- 3d drawings: The 3D trend has been around for a while now. But new variations and trends keep this design discipline still in high demand. AR and VR technology has enabled designers to take 3D design to the next level.
- Emojis everywhere: Emojis have been popular since the beginning of social media. On online platforms, they seem to have enchanted design concepts for a long time. Graphic designers and illustrators love them for their ability to perfectly convey emotions.
- Text-rich videos: Video content in 2021 apparently relies more on text and graphic animations. This is due to the prevalent home work scenarios and the high costs of shooting a video. Plus, it gives you the freedom to work with your brand’s colors, fonts and sounds, making the video resonate with your brand identity.
- Colors and gradients: While neon colors were popular in 2020, monochromatic and two-tone patterns seem to be more popular in 2021. Designers like a limited color palette because it allows them to focus on the more sophisticated components and elements of the visuals. In addition, a simple design makes it easier for customers to remember it for a longer time.
- Geometric designs and shapes: Geometric patterns have also been the source of new trends in graphic design for a long time. However, in 2021, the brand new trend of combining multiple shapes to create a larger, more complicated shape seems to be reaching its peak. When geometric shapes are mixed with blocks and solid colors, weird visuals can be created.
- Voxels: A voxel is a 3D variation of a 2D pixel that has climbed to the top of the 2021 graphics trend chart. These Lego-like design elements seem to be the favorites of professionals for developing aesthetic 3D projects. It can be described as a mixture of 3D and geometric design.
- Inspired by nature: Natural and earthy color schemes, wood and stone textures, soft natural lights, etc., seem to have burst onto the trend in 2021. This may be the trigger for the pandemic outbreak or thirst for nature in the midst of confinement. But nature-inspired designs and graphics top the charts in 2021.
- Animations: Graphic design has now gone beyond the simple design of posters, logos and banners. Designers in 2021 are more likely to use animation graphics to engage users and improve conversion rates.
Graphics and illustrations play an important role in the digital world. Everything from branding and advertising to improving the user experience depends on it. Therefore, keeping up with current trends in graphic design and illustration is essential.