Candle Bark Creations is the undisputed leader in designer greeting cards in Australia. We have been designing and manufacturing greeting cards with personality in Australia for over 25 years.
If you’re practical (we still make greeting cards by hand in our studio – freckles are a thing) and think design should be both beautiful and commercial, then we’ve got the internship for you.
The growth goals of Candle Bark and The Paper Club require a diligent and eager design intern to join us, thanks to our many years of experience. While at the Candle Bark studio, the graphic design intern’s primary focus is to assist in the design and production process. At Candle Bark, we value smart, articulate and driven people who want to be immersed in a great environment and a rapidly growing company, but who also thrive on being independent and taking constructive feedback well.
If you are a hungry and curious person with creative skills, a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, read further!
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a graphic design intern, you will be:
- Observe and be included in marketing and social media meetings and planning.
- Support designers Candle Bark and The Paper Club in day-to-day project activities.
- Help with the content and creation of the newsletter.
What can we offer you
- This is an opportunity for the right intern to immerse themselves in all things Candle Bark for 150 hours.
- A job can be offered to the right candidate.
- A large studio, in the heart of the Inner West
- Flexible studio days (studio hours 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Studio training
- Would be best suited for students requiring internship hours to complete their course.
- Strong typography and illustration skills would be an asset.
- You can navigate at your leisure throughout the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience with motion graphics software and video editing is a plus. (First Pro)